[Sca-cooks] Re: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #232 - 17 msgs

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:19:34 PDT 2001

>My only concern from the comments above would be what constituted
>appropriate "herbs". If some of these are New World, particularly
>those that make this "Cuban" pork, then I still think it deviates
>more than I would like to see from medieval foods. But then a coating
>of molasses or sugar would do that also, even if they were being
>used this way by 1600. (Anyone know?)  It still sounds good. Do
>you know what herbs should be used for this cuban pork?
>
>Stefan
Again, IIRC, the whole marinade is called "mojo criollo" or "Creole soak".
In its most basic form it's sour orange juice, olive oil, and lots of
garlic. You can get fancy by adding oregano, thyme and parsley.  It should
be liquid rather than pasty.

And Alban, that whole hamburger thing was just waaaaay off.  You've gone and
reductio'd it all out of absurdum.  Look at it.  Poor thing's twitching and
jerking.

Vicente
(Keep moving folks, nothing to see here)