[Sca-cooks] oop::: Zankou chicken

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jun 28 22:03:52 PDT 2001

Interesting. Last week I bought this little jar of garlic spread because
it looked interesting. Now looking at it, I notice it has that foreign
word mentioned here before "aioli". It even says "French Aioli with Lemon"
and says "Product of France". This is "Maille" brand and boasts "1747".
However, reading the ingredients list I think someone has taken some
liberties as it says "Sunflower oil, water, dextrose, white wine vinegar,
salt, garlic pulp (2%) [Only 2 percent!], milk proteins, lactic acid,
thickeners: modified corn starch and zanthan gum, egg yolks, lemon juice
from concentrate (0.75 %), artificial and natural flavors, colors added.
Looks more like something from a modern industrial plant and not something
from 1747.

After all this talk, I'm wondering if I'm really going to like it after
all. If you come up with a recipe for this garlic white sauce, please
post it.

Stefan

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net