SC - losenges fryes/potage of beans boiled

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Mar 7 00:44:49 PST 2001

Great.  Doritos and frijoles refritos.  <grin, duck, run!>

Seriously:  I'd premake the dough, roll in a chub as you see cookie dough sold,
slice thin with a cheese slicer and fry them on site in whatever
neutral-flavored oil you have.  Olive would taste distinctive, in a way that I
don't happen to like with sugar.  If you could afford enough walnut oil for
deep-frying, go for it.

As for the beans, yes, there are white fava beans.  Letting the pottage sit
before the 'add raisins' stage sounds good to me, I might even do that on
purpose to let the flavors get acquainted.

Selene