[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Medieval Arab Cookery was Servers eating free

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Mon May 7 17:58:44 PDT 2001

Cariadoc wrote:

<I first discovered al-Baghdadi as a result of Roden's reference to
>it. One of my great thrills was getting a letter from Roden some
>years back, in which she said that she understood I had a translation
>of the Andalusian cookbook available and she would like to buy a
>copy. I sent her a copy of Volume II of the collection for free, with
>a note thanking her for introducing me to medieval Islamic cooking.

I´m not sure if it has been mentioned here already but her foreword to
Charles Perry's Medieval Arab Cookery is now available online at the
Prospect Books website, along with the table of contents. The publication
date is now Spring 2001 but I wouldn't be too sure - I had dinner with
Claudia and Alan Davidson in London a year ago, when Claudia was writing the
foreword, and then the publication date was Summer 2000. Anyway, the
foreword can be found here:

http://www.kal69.dial.pipex.com/isbn912.htm#Medieval Arab Cookery

Nanna