[Sca-cooks] Just a note from the Evil List Admin

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 09:33:45 PDT 2001

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately.
Work has actually become work and you guys
usually give better advice than me anyway.

I just wanted to let you all know that I'm
very proud of you and of this list. You
seem to answer any question that arises, you
do so with courtesy, knowledge and humor.
Even the rough times often fix themselves and
many of the problem children have learned to
behave and become very valuable members of this
list.

There are of course the superstars here who make
this list very special but for those who post
infrequently or even just lurk you are very
special as well. Because all of us have learned
things and had our version of SCA (and others)
feasts revised. We've discovered a new cuisine
and new way of thought. Even more importantly, I've
seen whole kingdoms change what they view as proper
feasts due in no small part to the influence of
list members. Since the list's inception I've seen
Ansteorra go from a basic bbq kind of kingdom (with
some exceptions) to most events doing a good job
of presenting period feasts. I hope this influence
has also occured in your kingdom as well.

You have changed me. I've gotten a lot of humility
seeing how little I really know. There are people
on here that basically make me feel like mumbling
and scuffing my feet in the dust to be in their
presence. And none of you, when I actually meet you,
make me feel the lesser. I've also discovered a
major love of period cooking and period mindset. I've
done my best to extend this joy and passion and
downright fun to other cooks in my kingdom. I think
I, and others on this list, have been rather successful.

You guys are terrific.

I guess this is the point where you are dragged from
the kitchen in front of court to take your bow.

You have earned it.

Thanks,

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator