[Sca-cooks] Soup recipe request

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 06:58:57 PDT 2001

*sigh*  Of course, every time it is posted, I think I have saved the recipe
to some safe place, but when I need to use it......

I've been asked to develop a German feast (the autocrat said "looks period,"
I replied that I have access to a 14th Century and a 16th Century German
cookbook and are those too far apart in time to be acceptable?), and I want
to serve the cream of potato soup recipe as a starter.  I have it somewhat
in my head, but want this to be documentable, so can someone point me at the
recipe itself?  I can go through the online German cookbooks but my reading
German is slow and I am feeling lazy.  <s>  All I remember right now is that
it is dated 1596.

I've decided to use test redactions of a couple recipes on the menu for the
Royal lunches at our upcoming Warlord event (weekend after next).  [I am
told this is a budgeted item, so I don't want to restart the discussion on
whether it should be or not......]  It's nice having Royalty who are laid
back about food, the only request I received is from our Baron who wants
things to be "well-seasoned" (he liked the stew I took to our Newcomer's
Night, which is an English recipe made with lemons and raisins, so I have
some guide).

Thanks for the soup recipe!

                                                ---= Morgan

"The reason grandparents and grandchildren get along
 so well is that they have a common enemy."
                                   ---= Sam Levenson