[Sca-cooks] Green Ketchup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 16 07:46:44 PDT 2001

grizly at mindspring.com wrote:

> I appear to be the latest craze to mimick the green gunk on kids television in USA.

I believe it has to do with a recurring theme on MTV's Nikolodeon TV
network. The green ketchup (which my kid found interesting as a concept
but an abomination in the eyes of God and Man in practice) looks a bit
like kelly green oil paint, such as you might use to commit the image of
leprechauns on Saint Patrick's Day to canvas.

Even _more_ vile was the companion green slime served with the Chicken
McUnits (or should I say Chicken McEunuchs?) or whatever they're called
at Burger King. It was kind of like (yes, I actually tasted it) apple
jelly with Jolly Rancher Watermelon Twists melted into it. It quivered.

The kids, in their inherent perversity, actually liked the Green Cherry
Frozen Whatzits, slurpee sorta things.

I'll be very glad to see this whole campaign go The Way Of All
Radioactive Flesh.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy