[Sca-cooks] RE: Eastern pottery

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Mon May 21 10:14:11 PDT 2001

<snip>
I'm looking for reproductions, or something close to them, of Near
Eastern pieces: mugs, plates, bowls, etc., and "pitchers" (in
"quotes" because they have no handles - long relatively narrow necks,
almost spherical bottoms). Although historically they're glass, i
fear taking such fine pieces to camping events, but would be willing
to take sturdier ceramic pieces.

If you'd consider such things, i can give some references.

Anahita amina al-maktaba
<END Snip>

That sounds similar to some pieces we already do :)  Sure, send along
your references for what you are reffering.  If we like 'em we may add
them to our line up :) If not, it may be fun to make one or two-- heck,
we do custom orders too, so it never hurts to know how to do a style
someone wants.

We do a long-necked gourd shapped ceramic bottle witha  cork topper that
is working very well at camping events. I have a small one that I hook
onto my belt and use it as a canteen. the ceramic keeps it nice and cool
even in very hot weather.  We do assorted bottles that sound similar tow
aht you are refering to. It will be interesting to see how accurate our
versions are to the historic ones you refer to. maybe we can make ours
more accurate with a thing or two we pick up :)

-Aleska