[Sca-cooks] Earth Bowl...

Solstice Studios solstice at moscow.com
Mon May 21 10:36:59 PDT 2001

Any idea what a "pancheon of earth sweetened for the purpose" is?

My guess might be a low-sided clay pot, but I don't understand the
"sweetened for the purpose". It already said "a very clean bowl". They
may not have had knowledge of microscopic organisms, but here is
another example of understanding the effects of cleanliness.

Somehow, I don't think my first idea of a hole in the ground sprinkled
with sugar, is the correct interpretation. :-)

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

I think it may be refering to a clay vessel.... Often times you have to
manipulate the clay youdig out of the ground for various reasons, by
mixing in various things like kaolin, or grog (sand) to strengthen it.
perhaps they are refereing to a clay vessel stren