[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - What would you do? or 2 months to freak out

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 06:09:53 PDT 2001

>Olwen while I am certainly not against this sort of lunch, I have come
>to look at the noon meal as another venue for us Cooks to stretch our
>wings a little rather than just shoving groceries down the collective
>populaces throat. In some other post I stated that I would never serve
>another Ploughmans Lunch as it had been done to death. I still stand by
>this simply because of the opportunity presented for another "mini"
>feast. I always coordinate this with the Head Cook so there is no repeat
>in dishes. I also prefer to cook for smaller numbers.
>
>Micaylah

How do you pay for the food for your "mini" feast?  Is that another cost for
the folks?  In our case, we do our best to provide some type of nourishment
for the folks for no cost.  By and large folks tend to bring their own
mid-day repast but for those who don't will not go without.  While I think
your way of doing is a nice one, I wonder where the money comes from.  Is it
figured into the feast cost?  If that is the case then it seems some are
paying for something they are not getting.  Please help me understand.
Olwen