[Sca-cooks] Re: SC - Creating a period garden

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri May 4 05:32:12 PDT 2001

On 4 May 01,, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> I don't want to get overly ambitious here, so I want to limit myself
> to say half a dozen herb pots. If you were going to grow just a few
> herbs, which would you pick. Please take into consideration that this
> is a new thing for me, so if there's a big differance the easier to
> grow herbs should take priority.

I have a half-barrel with thyme in my yard.  Despite neglect, semi-
shade, and deer, it's been flourishing.

This year I've gotten ambitious and am trying some chives, basil,
savory, and mint.  I haven't yet decided where's the safest place to
put the mint.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann