[Sca-cooks] Hi, I'm new :-)

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 11:13:08 PDT 2001

--- "Katya at wolfenet.com" <katya at wolfenet.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the very warm welcome! I appreciate
> your kind words, and I
> look forward to participating on this list!

To expand on what m'lady Kiri wrote in her post...

There *are* several of us on this list who are
'professional cooks', but that is merely a title we
use in the mundane world.  In *this* forum, we are
*all* students, and we are *all* still learning about
the world of medieval cookery.  I have been a
professional Chef for 12+ years, but am very new to
*this* kind of cooking, and have learned more from
some of us who have NEVER stepped foot in a
professional kitchen.  Everyone contributes equally,
and every question, regardless of how 'dumb' you think
it may be, will trigger an exchange of information,
and THAT is what this list is all about.

There are those on this list who have been
studying/researching medieval cookery for quite
awhile, and they all seem quite eager to help everyone
else get a 'leg up'.  Don't be afraid to ask
questions, or even question the answers which are
given.  You may have seen a bit of information some of
us have not, and that little glimpse into history can
change what we 'know' into what we 'thought we knew'.
This is often how we get to the bottom of things.

So.. settle in, kick back, let your hair down, and
enjoy.  There is a world of exploring to do on this
list, and we have all just begun.

Regards,
Balthazar of Blackmoor

=====
Spiders are relatively high in protein...but they tickle.