[Sca-cooks] Re: easy to grow herbs

MtLion MtLion at spdway.net
Wed May 9 15:36:35 PDT 2001

Greetings,

I reside in South Texas, about 40 miles in from the Gulf of Mexico.  I am
extremely new to the list.  I am wondering about proper climate for growing
the various recommendations for period gardens.  I have some space indoors,
but limited.  I have a low ground back yard, that gets water logged in heavy
rains.  The last 2 summers have been drought ridden June- September, with
Heavy Rains in the Fall and Spring.  Lots of sun and heat (even in shade)
high humidity.  With this type of climate what would be successful?

Funds are low presently, so am thinking small, but am a planner and would
like to gradually grow. (Pun-intended)

Ld. Gottfried Krimmelbein - The Badgering Bard
StoneBridge Keep, Ansteorra
WEB Member.