[Sca-cooks] Yogurt cheese, fish, and Swedish translation

UlfR parlei-sc at algonet.se
Fri May 11 23:14:23 PDT 2001

Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> [2001.05.12] wrote:
> Nanna wrote:
>
> > > (Oops - nu kommar jag ihåg att jag hadde sagt att jag ville skicka något
> > > torrkat fisk til deg. Det skall jag fixa redan i morgon - jag hadde komplett
> > > glömt det. Sorry.)
>
> And then a certain cheeky Swede wrote:
>
> > Ingen orsak. Den som väntar på något gott... Och tillfälle att småretas
> > med den gode romerske mästern skall man ju inte _heller_ förspilla.
>
> They seem to be calling my bluff in regard to my threat to translate
> this. Looks on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Despair? I was positively counting on it.

> "Uh oh... I just remembered that I was going to send you some dried
> fish. I'll take care of it tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten."

Yes, right on. Impressive, assuming you did this on your own, with no
training in Swedish.

> "Worth waiting for a good thing. And speaking of a good thing, don't let
> the opportunity slip by to proclaim Rome your master."

Not quite.

> And they thought I couldn't do it... harumph!

I'm impressed, even if you failed towards the end. Dictionary, on-line
or someone?

/UlfR

--
UlfR                                                 parlei-sc at algonet.se
...when the band begins to play -- Rudyard Kipling