[Sca-cooks] [Fwd: [Fwd: Yeah so?]]

Michael Newton melcnewt at netins.net
Tue May 15 12:38:11 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Elaine Koogler" <ekoogler at chesapeake.net>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 9:50 AM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] [Fwd: [Fwd: Yeah so?]]

> --
> I had to share this with you guys...there is some requisite food content
> in the message, and some of it is even period!!!
>
> Kiri
> --
> The United States has never lost a war in which mules were used.

So we Should have used mules in NAM?
Did we use them in Desert Storm?

> The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every
> year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into
> account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.

Could it also be that the students are using the Library? No that can't be
it.

> The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover
> Cleveland's baby daughter, Ruth.

There was a Babe Ruth Candy Bar that didn't sell very well in the 20's and
30's.
It wasn't as good as the Baby Ruth and it confused people to have two
similar named
Candies.

> If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in
> the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in
> the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if
> the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural
> causes.
This too may also be urban myth.

> Canada is an Indian word meaning "Big Village."

Actually it is a miss understanding by the French Explorer Champlain, who
asked what is this place called,
the Indian said Canata, that is name of the village, He thought the whole
area was called Canada. Stupid Europeans!

> There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

Who wants my Extra one? I choose the one you get.  :)

Thorbjorn