[Sca-cooks] 1637 Hosokawa Sansai Kaiseki Meal

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed May 16 12:34:28 PDT 2001

I'll check a source I have to see if I can find a meaning for
"fusashi".  It may take a couple of days, but will let you know if/when
I find it.

So far as the potato is concerned, I suspect that it was probably a type
of yam.  I know that that type of potato is used today in their cuisine,
so it may go back that far.  Again, I'll check a couple of my cookbooks
and my other source for more information.

Kiri (thoroughly enjoying this series of posts!!!!!)