[Sca-cooks] 1637 Hosokawa Sansai Kaiseki Meal

margali 1margali at 99main.com
Thu May 17 09:42:47 PDT 2001

And for those who are adventurous, you can make decent low carb
oven french fries out of daikon. Just cut into fries, and do the
olive oil herb coating oven fry thing ;-)
margali
[although personally, I think they have the texture and taste of
jerusalem artichokes combined with water chestnut. I think in a
pinch you could sub daikon for water chestnut and most people
wouldn't notice. I have a batch in the oven right now ;-)]

the quote starts here:
 In that case it would not
have been potato, rather what the Japanese call Daikon, which is
indeed a
large white radish with no really noticeable flavor.
Sort of shaped like an elongated radish of gigantic proportions.