[Sca-cooks] squash recipes

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu May 17 17:57:54 PDT 2001

In a message dated 5/17/01 10:12:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< They also appear as bottle or calabash gourds.  >>

Correct. There is a period garden i9llustration showing these squashes being
raised. Unfortunately I can't find it in my hundreds of period pictures I
have on disc. :-(. Luffa  gourds, Italian edible gourd and bushel basket
gourds are also all edible when young.

Italian edible gourd can often be found in the produce section when in season
or can be easily grown if you have the vertical space to plant it.

Ras