[Sca-cooks] Re: Vegemite

Sara Tallarovic electricfish at earthlink.net
Fri May 18 13:36:57 PDT 2001

I either eat it on toast in a thin spread (learned that from an Aussie), or
sometimes put it on a sandwich with other ingredients...lettuce, tomato,
cheese, etc, since it adds so much flavor.  I kept a jar of it in my office
all through grad school for emergency rations.  It was the only thing that
I could keep in my office without fear of an office-mate eating it.  One
jar lasted 5 1/2 years...I finally pitched what was left when I
graduated.  A little goes a long way.
-Shu'la