[Sca-cooks] Pottery for Cooking/Eating

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon May 21 07:23:41 PDT 2001

Aleska wrote:
>We are working on some ceremic reproductions for cooking and serving,
>and I thought to get a bit of input from you experts here :)
>
>What sort of pottery cooking, serving vessels would YOU like to see?
>What would be most useful to you, and what are hard to find pieces?

I'm looking for reproductions, or something close to them, of Near
Eastern pieces: mugs, plates, bowls, etc., and "pitchers" (in
"quotes" because they have no handles - long relatively narrow necks,
almost spherical bottoms). Although historically they're glass, i
fear taking such fine pieces to camping events, but would be willing
to take sturdier ceramic pieces.

If you'd consider such things, i can give some references.

Anahita amina al-maktaba