[Sca-cooks] fondue

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 08:07:20 PDT 2001

>Funny you should mention this.  I inherited one of these (exactly like in
>the picture) when my mother died last year and I thought it was a hot pot,
>but I had no idea how to heat it.
>
>Gwynydd

I put mine on a couple of fire bricks on top of a cutting board on the table
so as not to scorch the tabletop.  I heat the charcoals outside and then use
tongs to transfer them into the base of the hotpot.  Some suggest using sand
or some such but I just stick the coals in.  You control the temperature by
how many coals you have in the thing.  Experiment!
Olwen