[Sca-cooks] clay fondue pot

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu May 24 00:27:55 PDT 2001

oops, I misspoke. The French Food document is available as a CA, and as
also a FeudalGourmet in the Madrone Culinary Guild series. They have the
same recipes,but the FG one has footnotes as opposed to endnotes and I
didnt have to curtail discussion for page counts.

sorry for the confusion,
--AM

At 12:02 PM 5/23/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Anne-Marie Rousseau said:
>> re: the original text for the la Varenne ramekins of cheese....the text
is in
>> the CA I did, as well as the complete anachronist on French Food
(basically we
>> reissued it without the constraints of the CA system).
>
>Huh? Have you done two CAs (Compleat Anachronists)? Reissued which one?
>And where is it available? This does remind me that I wanted the one
>on French Food, but since it came out in the month between when my
>membership ran out and when I renewed it, I didn't get that CA.
(snip)

>Thanks for the recipe. It looks like it has another entry for our
>glossary, though. What does it mean by "stamped"? Chopped? Crushed?
>And how would you use a whole onion?

we used a minced/crushed shallot or onion to good results. It might be fun
to use whole small boiling onions as well, though I never have.

>Also, has anyone here actually tried the bit with the hot fire shovel,
>as opposed to sticking it under a broiler? How well did it work? How
>long did it take?

I'd love to hear that someone did it "right"!

hope this helps,
-AM