[Sca-cooks] Sweet onions in period Europe

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat May 26 13:20:18 PDT 2001

> --- rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:
> > The site's bibliography is on a separate page:
> > http://members.aol.com/oddwonder/biblio.htm
> >
> > BBB-22 is "Ripley's Believe It Or Not", Bonanza
> > Books, Crown
> > Publishing, 1985
> > BBB-69 is "2201 Fascinating Facts" by David Louis,
> > Greenwich House,
> > New York, 1983
> > Most of his other sources are similar in quality.

Thanks, Brighid.

> Ah...two well known scholarly works!  There is a
> wealth of information in these two books.
> Particularly if you are researching the natural
> habitat of Irish Fairies in period,

So what is the natural habitat of Irish Fiaries in period?

:-)

> or How to get an egg in a Coke bottle...

Now, that one I think I can do, but it requires a hard-boiled
egg. Of course using a three-liter plastic bottle would be easier
than the old glass ones, too. Or using a quail's egg. Of course
getting an egg that is already in a Coke bottle (as opposed to "into")
just requires a hammer.

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net