[Sca-cooks] Re: Introduction

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed May 30 21:14:54 PDT 2001

Janice Brunner wrote:

> Greetings,
> After speaking to Baron Siggy and Daniel last weekend
> at TMT, I finally got up the nerve to introduce myself
> and bring up a subject Siggy and I had the opportunity
> to discuss.  Thanks for all your help in the kitchen
> Daniel.
> I had the great joy to be able to feastcrat both
> nights for Coronation (yahoo-I just broke the double
> digits mark). :-)  By the time I arrived on site at
> 5pm on Friday, feast was sold out and there was a
> waiting list.  Much of this was due to feast being
> limited to 150 on Saturday and 125 on Sunday.  I was
> curious if this was a trend in other kingdoms (besides
> Trimaris)?  Just two years ago, I was able to feast
> TMT for 300.  This seems like a significant reduction.

The last Eastern Coronation fielded approximately 100 onboard seats
sold, with a few unsold cancellations. A week or two later, Crown
Tourney had under 150 on board, I'm told. Whether this is a public
comment on economic trends of events for familes with several children,
say, some kind of political thing, or a reaction to some perceived
quality issue, I have no idea.

However, for whatever reason, the size of feasts for our kingdom events
does seem unusually small lately, around half (or less) of what they
were a year ago. I have no explanation; certainly I have no reason to
think feasts aren't as good around here than they are elsewhere; most
people with multi-kingdom experience seem to suggest quite the reverse.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com