[Sca-cooks] chicken & cherries

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu May 31 21:50:33 PDT 2001

Kiri said:
> I actually used two different kinds this time.  Normally, as fresh cherries are
> not available, I use dried cherries which I reconstitute by soaking them in
> white wine for a half hour or so.  However, this time, fresh bing cherries were
> available, so I used them for about half the pies.

I can see two ways to do this from your description. For an example,
lets say you are making ten pies.
1) make five pies using the bing cherries and five pies with the
reconstituted dried cherries.
2) mix the bing cherries and the reconstituted berries together and
use the mix for each of the pies.

So which did you do? I can see the first being better to see which
cherries make the best pie, but I think the second one is better for
feasts since it is more equitable and if the tastes are really different
between the cherries might mean ten acceptable pies compared to five
great pies and five pies they want to throw at the cook. :-)

Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net