[Sca-cooks] de nola original and translation

Gaylin Walli iasmin at home.com
Mon Nov 5 13:53:53 PST 2001

Just a quick question about the original De Nola text at the
Cervantes website. When the text has the following markings in them
online, what do they translate to in modern typographical terms? I
can guess, and it'd be fairly educated based on my knowledge of
typography, but if someone knows for sure, could they speak up?
Vicente? Brighid?

<n>	example ab tot so<n>
:	example escumal be:e apres
<m>	example co<m> lo senyor
<ue>	example de aq<ue>lla brou
<e>	example d<e>aquell brou

I'm trying to print some original recipe texts for a class I'm
teaching and I'd like to have the real letters there for students to
see. Thanks in advance,

Iasmin