[Sca-cooks] mailing goodies

Jennifer Thompson JenniferT at ptb.com
Thu Nov 8 06:31:27 PST 2001

Oh, that reminds me, same note, different song. I'm not on the great cookie
exchange, but I asked a friend before mailing off his care package.

There are two urban legends / hoaxes / miscommunications going about. One is
that sending food through the mail isn't safe, the other is that sending
cookies (or whatever) to our folks stationed elsewhere is no longer allowed.
Per the Navy...hogwash on both.

Though to decrease any chance of anxiety, I'm not sending any cookie covered
in powdered sugar. It'd be all gooey by the time it got to the Indian Ocean
anyway. 8-) But that's my choice, not dictated by the USPS or the military
folks.

My two cents and for what it's worth,

Lann