Subject: Turkey Stuffing (Was Re: [Sca-cooks] TURKEY GRAVY)

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 09:00:57 PST 2001

>On the same note since it's a timely subject, what stuffing recipes >does
>everyone use that they like the best? Which ones have you tried and >not
>liked?

This sort of ties, I guess with the dad food catagory (I didn't think of
this before...funny that) too.  As I grew up, every year my mom would make
this chicken liver stuffing for my dad.  I loved it too, but everyone else
in my family hated it.  When my father passed away 14 years ago, my mom
stopped making said stuffing no matter how I begged.  I ended up asking for
the recipe and now I have it made at my home not just on thanksgiving, but
during the year. :)

Funny thing about it, my mom asks me every year if I made that stuffing and
I say yes.  She gives me this little wistful look.

It is a rice stuffing, with celery, onions, spices and chicken liver.  I
know, a lot of people hate liver, but really, it doesn't taste like liver
(or chicken either...:P).  I can dig up the recipe if anyone wants it.

My roomate's grandmother maked this oyster stuffing once which was just
nasty...but I tend to not particullarly like oysetrs unless they are
submerged in yummy butter and garlic. Oh course, as someone mentioned
before, EVERYTHING tastes good with butter (and garlic, my addition). :)

--Arte