[Sca-cooks] Re:Bacalao

BareToad at aol.com BareToad at aol.com
Tue Nov 27 15:45:59 PST 2001

Faerisa,

I gotta have this recipe!  Portuguese food is so good and, to my profound
shame, my Mae did not teach me to cook it.  I am having to go back as an
adult and learn all this stuff.

BTW, thank you so much for the goodies!  They came today and my daughter
Victoria snaffled away the toffee bar and it hasn't been seen again (I think
that she let daddy have some though...)  Tori requests (respectfully) the
recipe so that she can arm-twist her mommy into making more:-)

Mairin
<<One of my favorite salt cod dishes is "Bacalao a Braz".  It involves
alternating layers of shredded cooked salt cod, very thinly sliced potatoes,
and thinly sliced onions -YUM!  The salting process changed the texture of
the fish, makes it work better in certain dishes.

Faerisa>>