[Sca-cooks] Change of address, etc

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Nov 27 17:05:13 PST 2001

Hello all,

Just so you know, I've finally set up an email account for my SCA
persona.  The address for me is muiredach at bmee.net  You can of course still
reach me at my main account, vavroom at bmee.net.

Also note that I've slightly changed my name, as per happenings in my life
right now.  For those interested in having a bit of a smile, here's the
story :-)

I was invited to join a couple of folks from the shire, and a mundane at a
bar.  I did not know the mundane, who's name it turns out was Jim (I
think).  Anyway, as I come in, Ambr says to me: "Hi gorgeous".  Then Jim
introduces himself, and I say: "Hi Jim, I'm Gorgeous", being my usual silly
self.  To which our friend Ottokar guffawed and said that "Gorgeous
Muiredach" was a great name for a WWWrestler!  I'd have thought nothing of
it, except that it came up at fighter practice a few weeks later.

A few months later still I met someone from another kingdom that I didn't
know.  I introduced myself as Muiredach, and he said: "Gorgeous
Muiredach?"...  This name stuck, apparently.  I'm not sure how that went so
far, but I can't resist it.  So here goes.  And if all goes well, it'll
also be accepted by the College of Heralds. :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka