[Sca-cooks] Nasty Jell-o and other sweets... (OOP)

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 07:35:12 PST 2001

>Within two weeks, there was no theft of dessert during the
>night.  Following year, I was at the same camp, I guess the word >spread
>out that I was there, as I had no theft.  Following year, I was >at another
>camp.  The new guy at the camp I'd just left called me to >ask how I
>managed to limit dessert theft...  :-)

I'm not condoning this, BTW, but I thought this story was applicable.

A very good friend of mine (who shall remain nameless here) would bring her
lunch to work.  She made herself a nice lunch to save money (she couldn't
afford much at that job) and being a pretty darn good cook, she'd always
have people coming up to her asking her what she was eating.

Anyhow, she would on occassion, notice that bits of her lunch would be
missing. Nothing TOO crazy...just a little here and there.  Another
co-worker mentioned that her lunch too, seemed much smaller than she
remembered.  Someone was eating their lunches!  Well...seeing how this was
very annoying and that these thieves were basically stealing from people
that pretty much couldn't afford to replace the food themselves, decided to
take it in their own hands.

They made brownies...and melted chocolate ex-lax across said brownies as
icing (not too much to kill anyone...just enough to be annoying to someone
who ate it).  Placed their name on the brownies (as they always had put
their names on their lunches) and put them in the company fridge...and
watched and waited....

That day, they noticed the owner of the company running off to the bathroom
a lot.  After that day, their food was never stolen again.

--Arte