[Sca-cooks] Jelled things, was Thanksgiving feasts

A. F. Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 27 20:17:32 PST 2001

Did I say it had to have lettuce? I said tart vs. sweet...

OK, a carrot raisin salad is a bit sweet, but that's from the natural
sweetness of the ingredients, and you do (usually) add mayonnaise, which
has vinegar. Jello has sugar...

OK, my bias, and that of my family, is that a salad is light and vinegared.
We also serve it after the main part of the meal, to cleanse the palate,
and just about nobody does that anymore, so, we're weird...

Isn't it fascinating how many different approaches we can come up with to
the same things?

Anne