[Sca-cooks] Olwen's Pennsic Marzipan class

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Nov 2 13:16:41 PST 2001

Muiredach mac Loloig asked:
> Forgive my ignorance, but why tokens for class?  how does this work?

Okay, my appologies for perhaps being a bit obtuse here. This
originally started out with me trying to make a joke using someones
comments about "Saint" Olwen (for her work with marzipan) crossed with
the fact that one of the things I do is make cast pewter SCA site
tokens in imitation of medieval pilgrim tokens. This was in part
meant as a gentle request for Olwen to do a marzipan class. I would
certainly be interested in attending, as I suspect others would. My
final comment was an offer meant to "sweeten the pot" by offering to
make (attempt?) pilgrim badges for the class out of marzipan. The idea
was that Olwen could do as she wished with these, hand them out as
samples to the students, pass them out as advertisement for the
class, whatever. So, I guess a joke that didn't work. But if it
would get Olwen to teach the class, I would still be willing to
make the tokens.

Stefan li Rous