food fights was Re: The old Test. was Re: [Sca-cooks] Boiled Eggs

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Nov 6 17:08:30 PST 2001

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> ARTEMESIA SERENA! YOU PUT DOWN THAT FOOD RIGHT NOW!
> YOU ARE IN BIIIIIG TROUBLE!  Your Papa and I are very
> disappointed in you!  I want you to stand in the
> corner and think about the sin of wasting food and of
> the poor starving children in China, who do not have
> all the blessings that you have.
>
> Sheeeze!  Apprentices are so much trouble!

Ha! So it isn't just me! I jumped on my junior student the other day,
mostly for goofing off and not staying in touch. And not getting his
rear in gear on his required projects. And showing up at an event in a
tunic with NO HEM! No hem on the bottom, on the sleeves, and raw edge at
the neck! I coulda whacked him! In fact I did!

Obligatory Food Content- was a spiffy event, a Samhain. Last year's was
based on Dante's _Inferno_ so this year was _Puratorio_. For the
potluck, being broke and in a hurry, I rummaged in teh freezer, and took
a platter of Italian plums, frozen and halved- and I put a little sign
on the that said "To Assist in Your Purgation". The Baron thought it was
funny...

'Lainie