[Sca-cooks] Cooking Spam

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri Nov 9 09:34:43 PST 2001

Nichola said:
> Corn Meal mixed with Flour.
> Or Bread crumbs mixed with flour.
> That was what my mother used.

Oh! Okay, I'll try that. Using just the flour was okay, but
it didn't result in the thick, crunchy breading that I was wanting.

> Hey BTW How did the Boiled Peanuts Experiment go? Or did you ever
> attempt it?

Well, the canned peanuts are still in the can. And the can is
somewhere... I've not found fresh peanuts in the store. But
Mistress Christianna did bring me some Boiled Peanuts at Pennsic.
Not bad, but I guess I'm really used to my peanuts going "crunch".
The boiled peanuts don't.

In the past, I've also preferred the "dry roasted" peanuts
to the regular ones, so I guess this is a texture thing. I also
expected the Boiled Peanuts to be more salty than they were.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net