Dad Food was Re: [Sca-cooks] Fried "meat" was cooking SPAM

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 11:55:24 PST 2001

Any good father-offspring relationship has special food moments, yesno?  Just
a taste of a rarely-eaten treat can bring back happy memories if you have any
happy memories at all.  In my case, it's that Russian pumpernickel bread that
looks like a finely sliced black brick and coarse as pencil shavings, toasted
with yellow cheese on top.  That or Chinese shrimp chips, which look like
little pieces of plastic of diverse colors before it hits the hot oil, and
pastel-colored styrofoam coming out, tasting divine.  My father is alive and
well at 72 and has lived this long because he gave up things like cheese and
deep-fried anything, and I don't partake of either fatty treat very often
either, but there are those moments when Comfort Food is Necessary.

Selene, Caid