[Sca-cooks] Need Recipes for Yule Contests...

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 16:26:15 PST 2001

On 9 Nov 2001, at 10:50, Mercy Neumark wrote:

> "Best Authentic Dish: Make your potluck dish from an authentic
> pre-1600 recipe to be part of this contest. Must bring a copy of the
> recipe to be eligible for this contest."
>
> "Best Dish Using Winter Vegetables: Those used in pre-1600 Europe,
> that is: carrots, turnips, beets, cabbage, winter squashes, etc.

Does it have to be a main dish?  Carrot candy is period, and has
been well-received when I've brought it to events.  And it's
vegetarian (though not vegan, as it contains honey).  It's Spanish,
1599.  Grated carrots, honey, spices, and pinenuts.

(Incidently, does anyone have a copy of this recipe?  I know I've
posted it to the list, but can't find it in the Florilegium.  My copy
disappeared when my old computer died.)

> Hmm...I'm not sure if this is cheating or not either...so if this is
> considered cheating, then please let me know and I'll figure something
> else out.  I don't want to cheat!

Cheating is having someone else do the cooking for you.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net