[Sca-cooks] Re: Dad Food

Varju at aol.com Varju at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 11:34:06 PST 2001

In a message dated 11/9/2001 12:58:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
selene at earthlink.net writes:

> Any good father-offspring relationship has special food moments, yesno?  Just
> a taste of a rarely-eaten treat can bring back happy memories if you have
> any
> happy memories at all.

That would be Mon Cherie candy for me, and it has to be the ones with cherry
brandy in them. (I've found them in grocery stores here but with some sort of
cherry flavored syrup in them, not the brandy. )  My dad's family in Germany
used to send them as part of  the Christmas care package, and invariably some
would get broken and the brandy would run out.  Dad gave those to me and my
sister.

Or there's the lebkuchen, especially the heart shaped ones covered in
chocolate, or Kinder choclate. . .

Noemi
lost in a lovely calorie filled trip down memory lane