[Sca-cooks] Murri

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Nov 13 11:20:51 PST 2001

Lucrezia asked:
> I saw some quinces at the Borough market. Do you
> have a murri recipe you could post? I took a look at the one in the
> Miscellany and thought "stuff that for a game of soldiers!" Unfortunately
> most of the really delicious sounding recipes insist upon it...

I'm not sure if the murri recipe being talked about is the one
for the real stuff or the quicker 'fake' stuff, but I think both
recipes may be in this file:
murri-msg         (32K)  1/ 5/01    Rotted barley paste condiment of
Arabia.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/murri-msg.html

Those that can get quinces might also be interested in the comments
and recipes in this file:
fruit-quinces-msg (57K)  7/12/01    Period uses and recipes for quinces.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-quinces-msg.html

Also, this file:
marmalades-msg    (55K)  1/12/01    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marmalades-msg.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net