[Sca-cooks] Murri

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Nov 13 22:24:43 PST 2001

Maire said:
> I'm planning on using HG Cariadoc's recipe for "fake murri."  And all
> those yummy recipes is exactly why _I_ want to make it, too.
> Say....does anyone know how long murri keeps? Does it need to be
> refrigerated, or can it sit on the shelf with my soy sauce,
> worchestershire, etc.?

I've noticed that my soy sauce says to refrigerate after opening. I
thought maybe the better stuff needed this and that maybe the other
stuff I had been using didn't because it had more artifical stuff
in it or more preservatives. Was this particular company (Japanese,
I think. Starts with a "K") just protecting themselves? My refrigerator
is full of bottles of various sauces and condiments, like mustards, it
would be nice to get some of them out of there.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net