[Sca-cooks] More than one To the Queen's Taste?

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 16 16:52:49 PST 2001

--- Nelson Beth <grdygirl at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for a copy of To The Queen's Taste for a
> 12th night gift.  Looking in the used books websites
> found one that was listed as a cookbook but by Helen
> Train Hilles.  Has anyone ever seen this book?  I
> have
> Queen's Taste and don't remember ever seeing that
> name
> on it anywhere.
>
> Orlaith
>
> 15. To The Queen's Taste, a cookbook for moderns
> helen train hilles
> $10.45
> Abebooks BOOK GALLERY  random house, 1950 Hard
> Cover.
> revised edition. good/no dj, a little edgerubbing to
> extremities, tiny stain spot to front cover,
> interior
> clean and solid

This is not the same as the Lorna Sass books.  It
appears to be an American cook book.  Titles of books
cannot be copyrighted.  There is also an Ellery Queen
mystery with the same name.

Here is how it has been catalogued:

Hilles, Helen Train.
  To the queen's taste; a cook book for moderns.
Rev. ed. New York, Random House,[1950]
  x, 339 p. 21 cm.
Subjects:
1: Cookery, American.
2: Menus.

Which queen she is talking about, I have no idea.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.