[Sca-cooks] Cookbooks//Question to the gang.

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Nov 17 06:10:12 PST 2001

Do you mean original texts in English?
[like Two Fifteenth-Century Cookery-Books?]
Or do you want medieval recipes that have
been adapted for the modern kitchen?

And how late do you want "medieval" to extend
to? Past 1500; past 1600? There are a number
printed facsimile volumes like May and Digbie
that were published in the second half of the
17th century but reflect the cookery of earlier
times. They are available right now.
In print or not in print? Are you willing to go
to the OP market?

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis

Glenn Crawford wrote:
> Hi  again,>
> I have another question for you all:>
> What are, in your opinion, the top five
 (5) medieval cookbooks (in english, I
> can't read anything else)?>
> And where are the best places to find them?
> Also, I finally have my Mabon Feast pictures up.
 You can go here to look at
> them: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Medieval_Mischief[1]
>
> It is a standard Yahoo group, so please sign up
 to view the pics.   For all of
> you who are in New England, watch the calander
 for more feasts and other
> events. All are welcome, but be forewarned
 we are not completely authentically