[Sca-cooks] ambergris substitute?

Dan Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Sun Nov 18 21:24:50 PST 2001

Was asked:

> >Hello!  I'm passing along a request for information. Does anyone know of
> >synthetic ambergris? If not, is there a good substitute you use for
> >ambergris? Do you know where someone could find the real thing?

Regards obtaining the real thing without doing in a whale, historically it
is occasionally found cast up on the beach.  So, for what it is worth, that
is where you would find it.   It is probably more common as floatsome in
certain areas of the world so a little research might improve your odds....

Daniel Raoul