[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Nelson Beth grdygirl at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 11:36:01 PST 2001

We had a really standard meal.

Turkey with Mom's Sausage stuffing
Mashed Potatos
Rolls
Baked Pineapple
Green bean cassarole
cranberry sauce
pea salad

pies were
pumpkin
cherry
apple
mincemeat

This year we only had the roast turkey as the one we
were going to fry was still partly frozen when they
took it out of the refirgerator.  While we had plenty
for the meal there wasn't as much for the leftovers.

Saturday night they fried up the other turkey (I
wasn't there).  They used a garlic injection and the
my Uncle's girlfriend (Elanie) said she hated it.
Kind of wish I could have tasted it since I like
garlic.

Sunday I made the turkey pot pie from last week's
Washington Post Food Section.  It used up all the
leftovers from the roast turkey with the exception of
the legs (darn I fogot those when we left).  I
followed the recipe to make the turkey stock as well.
It got rave reviews and a request for the recipe from
Elaine who doesn't usually like my cooking.  There was
even a request that I make it with the leftovers at
Christmas :).

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40391-2001Nov16.html

Orlaith