[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving feasts

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Tue Nov 27 06:14:02 PST 2001

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 BaronessaIlaria at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/26/2001 8:09:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com writes:
>
> "Mom made her jello salad which consists of Black cherry jello, pecans, cream
> cheese, bing cherries, and pinapple. Its pretty good."
>
> Seemingly we are split between those who find Jell-O reprehensible and not to
> be born and those who don't mind indulging in a little squiggle with goodies
> in it. I have been known to make and enjoy a lemon Jell-O, lemonade
> concentrate and cool whip dessert that separates into three layers all by its
> lonesome and is neither too sweet nor too sour. Tastes especially good on hot
> summer days...
> My late aunt who was so southern she had two first names, used to always have
> at least one "congealed salad" on her tables. If not, she felt she had failed
> as a hostess...

I actually don't mind the occasional gelatin salad, but my aunt insists A)
on putting weird things in hers, and B) using the flavors of Jell-O to
which I am allergic. Personally I like the white grape, but nobody else in
the family seems to. What with all the various food allergies amongst my
family members, we're pretty much limited to saltines, water, and
unadorned rice if we try to come up with something that everybody can and
will eat. ;-)

Margaret, who does not mind that carrot gelatin thing Mom makes but not
with pecans in it