[Sca-cooks] New compost recipe (long)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Tue Nov 27 18:58:33 PST 2001

I sent the following in private to 'Lainie, but the mail bounced...

At 06:04 PM 11/27/2001 -0800, you wrote:

>GO take a nap, Gorgeous. You're cranky today.

Yeah, I am.  Sorry.  Life being particularly rough on me right now.

Didn't mean to be snappy, just didn't know where we were going with this.

>Yes, Gorgeous, the words are different now. But they weren't then- which
>is the whole point, isn't it? <SNIP>We are
>talking about a gardener or cook in 1380 or so- what does _he_ think the
>word means?

See, that I buy and completely agree with.

My point was (and I probably shouldn't discuss this right now, as you
pointed out I'm not too happy), that we live and cook today.  Therefore we
also have to be aware of today's meaning of words.  Doing period cooking
and using period terms is fine within our circles, but the moment some
uneducated "lout" sees compost on a menu, they are bound to jump high...

Dunno.

I'd go take a nap, but the bed is vast, cold and empty.

Shutting up now.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom