[Sca-cooks] On cubebs and grains of paradise

Chip jallen at multipro.com
Mon Oct 1 08:04:07 PDT 2001

For those who don't have ethnic groceries nearby or
conveniently-located people willing to send you some:

http://www.worldspice.com/

I just got my order in & it smells incredible.  I can only imagine
what the postal workers who handled it must've thought.

Prices seem reasonable.  Product is certainly impressive.

This is my first meeting with cubebs, grains of paradise, and
powdered galangal.  Cubebs are indeed peppery and slightly fruity ...
?, grains of paradise defy my description, and galangal is not as
gingery as I thought.

Experimentation begins,
Iyad ibn Bisharo / Thráinn Tjúguskegg
Easaraigh, Meridies   www.easaraigh.org