[Sca-cooks] lands

Lord Boroghul Khara boroghul at narn.pecan-tree.com
Wed Oct 3 13:27:01 PDT 2001

Reminds me of my year in Holland (1977-1978)
While the family was on a road trip from our Village of Nieukoop touring
Belgium, France, Switzerland, and Germany, I found myself face to face with
a couple of things that struck me as just plain wierd as a kid, but had me
laughing when I saw them touched upon by Whoopie Goldberg in later years.
The first:   "These people haven't seen a black person since Hannibal came
through"

and "Yes, we have seen in American documentaries how life is for the black
person.  Tell us what it is like to live in the Ghetto, and please, eat this
watermelon, we got it special for you"

No, I didn't have that quite happen in those exact words, but the kids in my
village did call me "Zwarte Piete!" around December 5th.