[Sca-cooks] What class would you teach/take?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Oct 3 14:06:22 PDT 2001

> And then there's ginger beer; Master Gerald Goodwine, in Calontir, had
> one such recipe for a non-alcoholic g.b. that was absolutely wonderful,
> zero proof, and quite refreshing. And I don't have the recipe, dammit.

Non-alcoholic beer is not period. Small beer, with a small amount of
alcohol is period. Zero proof can't be made with yeast, unless you
artificially remove the alcohol.

> And fruit ciders, of course; some would be drunk then and there,
> I'd think, and some stored for later <hic> consumption. . .

Funny, I thought the authenticists believed that nobody ever drank fruit
juice unfermented.

All of those drinks are also high in sugar, too.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa