[Sca-cooks] Re: Lands (OT).

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Oct 5 07:14:41 PDT 2001

Tara wrote:

> Ooh, that's a fun one.  Do you know they're legally obligated to call no
> earlier than 8 or 9 am?  (I can't remember which.)  If it were me, I'd
> very carefully take down their name and the name of the company, note
> the time, note the time in their office just for reference, and then
> carefully explain to them that they will be hearing from your lawyer.  I
> probably wouldn't go that far unless I knew a laywer who'd do it for me
> gratis just for fun (which I do,) but you could still get the company
> shaking in it's boots.

I like to mention the State Attorney General. Magic words, it seems.

Most of the telelmarketing calls I get aren't even for me- they're for
Regina's foster son, Robert. I love to tweak their littel noses- "Hello,
Mrs. Frisbee?" "There IS NO Mrs. Frisbee." "Oh, I'm so sorry! Have a
nice day..."

It's all in the tone of voice... ;-D)

'Lainie